Friday, December 14, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

My sister Kathy made the kids an advent calendar. They are having so much fun opening each little present every day. (Things like chocolates, Christmas foam shapes that open in water, candy canes, ornaments, christmas stamps, ...) The other two pictures are of the top of the fireplace and the top of the piano.

We enjoyed Nicolle's first band concert. I was amazed at how much they can learn in 3 months. After the concert we drove around North Rustico and enjoyed all the christmas lights. It's quite a show down there. LOTS of lights.

And here's a picture of Jason's friends that were at his school Birthday Party. We're looking forward to the family party on Sunday afternoon.

We're also looking forward to Tineke's party tomorrow evening. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINEKE!!!

I made fudge today for pakje night. Mmmm... three flavors. I can't wait to share it with you all. Hope you like fudge. :)

This can't be long... Marten's waiting to start a movie. :) Who would have guessed?!?

So, enjoy this final week countdown til Christmas. I have 2 more concerts, cooking and present wrapping to go. It's such a fun time of year. I love all the hustle and bustle.

Love to all, Karen

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

How was the movie? Hopefully you didn't fall asleep. It sounds like you are soo busy, that a movie could just do that to you.
Elsabeth has been decorating around the house. It is starting to look christmassy here too.
Later, Randall

Matt n Amanda said...

Sounds like pakje night is going to be yummy. :) the advent calendars that Kathy made for the Kids are really nice.. does she usually make those for the kids. That must be so much fun for them and they probably ask to open 'more than one every day. have a good week and I will see you really soon!
Love Amanda

Andy Rayner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy Rayner said...

Hi Karen & Martin
Thanks for dropping by my blog today. It's always nice to get comments, isn't it? Makes one feel like you have friends :-)
Been busy here. I crammed my last 4 modules into 2 weeks of work on my "Perspectives" Course. All the lessons are submitted. I am waiting for the last two lessons to be corrected. Might not happen till the new year with it being so close to Christmas (Though he usually gets them back in a few days).

This week I finished my research on my unreached people group- the Jula (Dioula). Lynn proofed it for me today. I did up the foot & end notes (all 31 of them) the Bibliography, outline page etc. Anyway 27 pages. Hope it goes well. I may go ahead and write the online exame tomorrow just to have it completed. Might not bother to wait for the last corrections.
Anyway, you folks have a great Christmas. I know we will.
We are going to have lots of company all the way through till new year. People every day from Christmas Eve till Jan 1.
The kids should be excited here we bought them a New Amp and Martin Acoustic with a pickup. (We all have acoustics here and one electric. But no acoustic with a pickup. Also its time to upgrade to something better) They have been doing well on the instruments as of late. Ted Especially. He has surpassed me. We plan a garage party this spring where we will do a family band togther for the first time.
Merry Christmas to you all. And Pass that on to your mom as well.
God Bless
Andy