Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Furniture Arranging

So there I was... taking all the Christmas decorations down. (Which is a sad thing. But then again, if they were up all the time, it wouldn't be so exciting next Christmas would it?) I had to move a few pieces of furniture to fit in the tree and now it was time to move them back. Thought: wouldn't it be nice to have a change of scenery? Maybe we should move the whole livingroom around. So I waited til after supper and "Marten, whatcha wanna do tonight?" Being the ever pleasing husband that he is, he willingly agreed to lug heavy furniture around the room til we were both pleased with the outcome. I really like it. You'll have to come for a visit to see. OK, I realize that those of you who are off the Island will not make a special trip just to see my livingroom so I took a few pictures. What do you think?
So, from our cozy livingroom to yours, we luv ya! Karen

7 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

That looks like an lot of lugging. It looks like you moved everything.
Looks great.
Randall.

rustico3059 said...

We all like a change now and then, it looks good, but my vote goes to the way it was. Can you tell I'm a sucker for "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". HaHa
Love Elisabeth

Matt n Amanda said...

It definatly looks cozy. I wouldnt mind curling up in that chair by the fireplace to read my book. That is one thing I definately miss from home... the fireplace. It looks like it was a lot of work, but it would have been fun to figure it all out and do it together. Hope your day is good and that the kids are a little easier to get up these days.
Love Amanda

Mary and Isaac said...

Hey, looks Great guys! When did you get a fireplace? Must be arelatively recent addition to your home.
Hope you have a great day.
Love,
~ Mary

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Marten told me you guys moved it all around the other day on the grader ,,, looks great,,, i'll have to walk over next door and see it sometime.
I would say a picture doesn't quite do it as much justice as seeing the whole thing with your eyes... i can't wait to see it
love tineke
makes me wanna try something new with my arrangement, yet i'm chicken...

Dianna said...

well...i thought "wow she moved everything around,it looks good" whenever I was there for the party that night...but the last time I was in your house there was still renovations going on...so I honestly cant say, but I think it looks great, a very warm and friendly home. :)

Dianna said...

now reading your comments I realize you also have a fireplace in your living room..i didnt see it there when I was over..must have missed itsomewhere among all the people..
Love, Dianna