Thursday, March 6, 2008

A New Addiction

Hi everyone. It's been awhile. I know you're all wondering what treat I came up with for the 100th day of school. Tada! Necklaces with 100 pieces of fruit loops. Notice that they are in blocks of 10 for each color (the kids are learning to count by 10s). Sounds easy to do -- Looks coloringful and appealing. BUT, remind me not to do this again. EVER. It took me 4 1/2 hours to make 28 of these. YIKES! I was sick of counting by the end of it. Jason informs me it was worth it, though. Everyone was very excited to receive 100 treats in this way. The next picture is of Jason being a 100 year old man (complete with glasses and cane and slippers).
This next part is for Tetcy (and for anyone who's interested): You have me hooked on a new hobby. Thank you for bringing your card supplies to PEI. I had a lot of fun on Monday morning with you, Elisabeth and Damaris. It was great to learn some new tricks. (I have a Stampin'Up Chocolate Chip InkPad on order :D) I am having incredible fun designing new cards and playing with paper and stamping and making shapes out of cardboard and... I haven't found my dining room table since I started. We eat our meals in the livingroom. For shame. I'm scared if I put it all away, I won't get it out again. So the family suffers. I'll have to give them a thank you card. lol So, here's a sample of what I've done:
The Green Collection:
(All the "Thank You" wording came on a sheet for $2. Great deal!
The paper was bought at BuyRite on our shopping spree!
I think of you everytime I make a card in green! )


What's been accomplished so far:


Kids got their report cards yesterday and they did GREAT. I have parent-teacher interviews tomorrow but there is nothing to worry about. Mom is coming for the day to visit with us and she'll stay around to babysit tomorrow night so Marten and I can go to the farewell party for Andre. What fun!
Marten is in town with the children right now. They are at Youth Group. I can only assume that Marten visited with David at the shop (he's always cleaning there on Thursday nights). Soon, they will be home and we'll settle the kids for the night. Then we'll watch Survivor and Do You Know the Lyrics. A nice relaxing evening. Hope you are having one too. Love to all, Karen

4 comments:

Andy Rayner said...

Hi Karen
Nice addiction :-)

Happy belated anniversary by the way. You are, like THAT OLD NOW?? WOW!
Congrats to you both. A Good marriage relationship is a precious gift. God Bless you both.

sugarnuggets said...

Way to go girlfriend!!!! You're so prolific! Yeay...I sucked another one in...you must get points for that somewhere!

I made a card like the one I made for Tineke for a friend here for her birthday....Tineke's says special sweet things...and my friend's says she is a hot biker momma! So...a little different!

Marten...sorry I got her into this and that you have to eat in front of the tv....wait...you probably LOVE that!

Love ya'll, Tetcy

Matt n Amanda said...

wow! I love it! You made so many cards it is crazy! It is fun to give the cards away, it makes a nice little smile on your heart. I also love your 100th day treat... I cant imagine what you had to go through to make all of those but I would believe that the kids loved them! Love you and maybe seeya when I am home for easter.
Love Amanda

Dianna said...

well... looks like a simular addiction to mine, except mine is Micaiahs scrapbook and hey! my family is suffering in the same way wouldnt you know it! Im scraed if I put away my stuff, then I wont scrap anymore! So it stays on the dining room table, arent they just the best invention ever!! I havent got into cards yet, but they do look pretty cute and quick, I may have to give it a whirl, but we'll see, I like the book aspect of it though.I just went to micheals tonight because I got a 50 percent of coupon from the flyer and it was only good for today, so I bought a round circle cutter that I was eyeing for a while, and only paid half for it. I was looking into the cricut machine,for a few weeks now, ofcourse that was on sale today for 40 bucks cheaper so I couldnt use my half off, but after looking closer at it i realized that it needed different cartridges for it,those are only 90 bucks a pop, and the machine is 400 bucks, so I have decided to give up that luxury, it is not that affordable for me! I will go on hand cutting with my scissors and exacto knives doing a perfectly fine job, oh and ofcourse my new circle cutter, I can now go circle nuts! Anyways I enjoyed the post. Im sure you are sick of looking at any form of frootloops now huh! Hugs and Kisses! Dianna