Monday, April 28, 2008

Spoiled Rotten and Loving It!

It's Monday morning, after our big trip to Moncton. I've just spent the last hour reading everyone's blog (and may I remind some of you that you are seriously behind keeping us updated on your lives. :D I'd love to hear your news!). Now, I'm awake and I have a huge smile on my face. I was so excited to hear Amanda's news about her new job. I had an awesome time reading Tetcy's last blog. I felt like I had spent the evening with her. I reread some blogs and enjoyed seeing pictures of ... flowers, a cute little boy, and some beautiful scenery. You know what? I'm spoiled. I really like my family.
Marten and I had a wonderful time 'away'. I really thank Klaas and Alice for keeping the kids. What did we do, you ask? :) Well... we had a nice drive over without the chatter from the back seat. I almost forgot what it was like to have quiet in the car. After we settled into our hotel, we made a list of what we'd like to do. I wanted to shop although I had nothing in mind to buy, go to a restaurant I've never been to before, see the Fundy tide come in, and just have fun being with my hubbie. We accomplished almost
everything.
Shopping was GREAT. Marten even convinced me to go to Canadian Tire and Princess Auto. That made him happy so I was happy, too. We've been wanting to buy steel cord for a zipline for the kids. It cost $.79 a foot here but we found 150 feet for $29.99 at Princess Auto. Wahoo. AND a car cover for his camaro was on sale for $22.99 (44% off) Another wahoo! We also got a great deal at CT. I thought it would be fun to put up a badminton net for Nicolle this summer since she likes the game so much. $29.99 for a cheap set here... we found one on sale for $12. 98 over there. Another wahoo! :) Of course, Marten bought some model cars, a camaro magazine and a car charger for his cel phone. He was happy! BUT... I was super excited. Marten decided that he wanted my digital camera and he wanted to buy me a new one for Mother's Day. Randall recommended a Sony, so we headed to a sony store. Great sales. We bought a pink cyber shot (DSC-W130 for all of you in the know). It came with a docking station and a cute little pink carrying case (as seen in the picture). I love it! And the really exciting part about shopping. .. I got summer sandles. That's really exciting to me because, as most of you are aware, I have to wear orthopedic insoles for my bad feet. Well, they don't fit into sandles -- that I would want to buy. Except in the very last store we went into. The inserts come out and my inserts fit in perfectly. A major WAHOO! I am so happy to have sandles. They were a little pricey but Marten insisted. You know what? I'm spoiled. I really like my husband.
So that was one very successful item off the list. Next, a restaurant that we've never been to? We decided on the Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant. Wow -- I've never eaten Indian food before. It was a relaxing, almost 2 hour, meal. I loved it because it took us more than 15 minutes to eat :) and because it was YUMMY (except for the green mushy stuff). Samosas, curry chicken, rice, pakaloo, Naan, indian mango icecream. mmmmm
Next... the tide. This is the part we didn't accomplish. :( We read the sign wrong. It said 2h40. We thought it meant in 2 hours and 40 minutes. So we set our watches so we would be back for 4:20pm. duh. It meant 2:40pm. Oh well, maybe next time.
We had a leisurely trip back. We took some exits to drive through Cappele, Point Prim, Cape Jarmaine, -- some places we never had time to visit on other trips. Here's a picture of us in at Cape Jarmaine. Awwww... don't we look happy?
We got home early and picked up the kids. We got Julie and Kenneth to babysit and we headed to David's birthday party. That was fun. Then they invited us back for a BBQ after church on Sunday. The kids played on the trampoline and Marten and David went four wheeling. That left Paula and I to have a nice visit. You know what? I'm spoiled. I really like my friends.
So, it was a very successful weekend. I needed to get away with Marten but it was good to get back to home and life.
Do you know what? I'm spoiled. God has giving me SO many blessings.
Blessings to you all --I love you! Karen

4 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

Wow! Such excitement. I also love your 'yellow' lines.
I had great plans for updating my own blog this weekend, but I'm sick with some sort of a sinus infection. Off to the doctor tomorrow I guess. Well - one that actually presribe meds at this point (my husband is the one who diagnosed the sinus infection). He'll be a great doctor someday soon.
Love you and thanks for your update. Sounds like your weekend away was a great hit.
~ M

sugarnuggets said...

I'm glad you fun spending the evening with me! Glad you had such a fun weekend away and that much happiness was had by all! I love those two hour meals!!!

Love ya, Tetcy

The Nieuwhofs said...

It is great to be away for a bit and relax. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Good camera. But then, it's a Sony of course.
You'll have lots of fun with that.
Hey, that idea with the zipline sure sounds familiar.
Have a great weekend, Randall.

Matt n Amanda said...

OHHHH FUN! Thats a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed time with your hubby and that you got some neat stuff too! Hope that your week is great and that you are BLESSED! Love ya!
Amanda