Saturday, July 26, 2008

Arghhhh... where's the summer going?

The end of July -- already? It's going so fast.
Jason has had his first encounter with Canoe Cove Christian Camp. He loved it. He camped from July 13-16th. It really helped that Nicolle and I were helpers in the kitchen all week. He didn't have a chance to miss us. Daddy did though. It sure was tiring being there all week. Last year, I only worked Tuesdays and Fridays. I had days inbetween to recuperate. :) I'm getting old.
Nicolle goes to camp tomorrow. Her 6th year being there. I'll be in the kitchen on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I want to thank Mom, Alice and Elisabeth for taking a turn looking after Jason for a day so I can do this work for my God. I so enjoy Canoe Cove and all it does for the children and I am blessed to be able to help out in this way (thanks to my family who are so willing to help me).
Nicolle gets home on Friday night. Saturday will be spent doing laundry, etc. and repacking. We're leaving on Sunday for our family vacation in Ontario. Marten and I have been googling some fun sites to visit and we're excited to go. We'll be visiting with Tetcy's on Monday and Tuesday. We'll visit the African Lion Zoo on Tuesday. On Wednesday, we'll travel to Niagara Falls. We'll be staying with my cousin Patsy for 3 nights. We're looking forward to a family BBQ; Marten's going to work one day with Adrian; and we'll do the 'touristy' stuff around Niagara Falls. We decided to travel through the states on the way home. We're looking forward to doing the 4 Natural Wonders of NY: Howe Caverns, High Falls Gorge, Ausable Chasm and the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves. Marten has even talked me into rafting. Yikes! We'll have to take pictures for sure.
Once we get home, I'll feel old and tired so I might as well have a birthday to celebrate that fact. :) ha, ha.
Then, it's into VBS preparation week for our POWER LAB VBS on Aug 25-29. How fun!
I'll post more after our vacation and I'll include some pics.
Love to all!

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

You guys should be well rested after that relaxing vacation. Not to mention the fact that you will have ample time to prepare.
I really hope that you guys will have the time of your life.
Enjoy it while you are able.
Randall.

sugarnuggets said...

That's so funny! And I can just hear Randall saying that!

Can't wait to see you!!!

Love ya, Tetcy
PS I have some coupons for African Lion Safari!!

Matt n Amanda said...

I cant wait to see the pictures! SO FUN! It sounds like so much fun! Have a great weekend! Love ya!

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Hey Karen!

I did NOT know you had a blog! I love getting all your comments on my adoption blog!!! Now I can follow along with your family, too!

Looking foward to reading about your family adventures...and by the way...I read your comment on "Alyssa Li says" and our family would love to come out and visit you guys!!!!

Talk soon,
Tammy