Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer is ALMOST here!

Nicolle needed a new bike. Her's was broken. Jason's?... well, it was just too small. His knees were in his face. :D So last Saturday, we splurged and bought them new bikes. We're calling them 'graduating presents' for passing Grade 2 and Grade 7.
Can't have summer without bicycles!

Also, can't have summer without PEI beaches! We were lucky and had SOME warm weather already (although it's disappeared this week). We took a walk on the Rustico beach and got some nice pictures of the kids last Sunday.
Our pool is ready for the summer. We're turning on the heater tonight so we expect to surprise the kids with a swim this weekend. :D

Nicolle and Jason are registered for Canoe Cove Christian Camp again. What would summer be without our Camp!
I'm busy directing the church's VBS again this year. Crocodile Dock is the theme.
We're taking my Mom to Halifax to visit with her sister in July.
We're really looking forward to our "Nieuwhof Reunion" week at the cottages: http://www.villagegedaique.com .
Marten (and the boys) finished planting on Tuesday. Now ... hilling, spraying, roguing...
The kids only have 10 more school days! Yippee -- no more homework, no more making lunches!
I'm looking forward to the summer! How about you?

4 comments:

Matt n' Amanda said...

haha... sound slike you are busy already, so much for summer being relaxing. My summers always go like that too. I tried to go to the link yesterday at work and it wouldn't allow me since it apparently has adult content... hmmmm.... where are we going again. LOL
I can't wait either. I am already so excited... except for that means the end of summer and closer to snowsuits... ewwwwww!
Have a good day!
Love Amanda

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I can't wait til vacation. Actually, I'm getting a double share this summer :) Leaving Monday for 2 weeks abroad someplace with Isaac, and then in Aug, Family Vaca. Yay!!! I am so excited to see everyone again. :)
Have a fun weekend in the pool!
Love,
Mary

sugarnuggets said...

YES..can't wait for summer to be here and things slow down a bit. Can't wait to see everyone!

TTYL, Tetcy

Thanks for Ray's beautiful B-day card it was sooooo lovely!

The Nieuwhofs said...

I love summer too, all the fresh new smells, and heat. Just like everything else though, I like it in moderation. So far this week, it has been really nice weather.
Pool looks good, Marten showed me tonight. I'm also looking foreward to the family reunion. Should be a blast. Cya later, Randall.