Monday, October 15, 2007

Call Us Crazy!

Nicolle was sitting at the dining room table and all of a sudden "Mom, can we dye my hair brown tonight?" We had discussed it before because her blonde was fading to yellow and it wasn't very attractive anymore. We weren't sure what to do. Well, I happened to have a extra box of my color in the cupboard. She was determined so off we go to the washroom. I was really nervous. What if she didn't like it? What if I didn't like it? What will everyone say? We went through the procedure and washed it out, then blow dried it. And... she LOVES it. She was so giddy she couldn't sit still. She couldn't stop talking. She was just hopping up and down the hall. She phoned Nana right away (who is shocked, by the way :P). She's just tickled pink (or brown as the case may be). She keeps saying "I look like Rebecca." That's a good thing -- Rebecca has beautiful hair. Marten is quite pleased. "Have fun with your hair" is his motto. By the way, he wants me to dye mine red. Yah, right! Anyway, we're all pleased with the final look. What do YOU think? Let us know, truthfully.

Oh, the pie was delicious. We had a piece for supper! Here's a picture of some of the children that went apple picking. Nicolle (with blonde hair) and Jason are on the far right.
I forgot to mention in my last post that I was able to go to the ladies' retreat on Saturday because my wonderful husband was able to stay home and look after the kids. It's amazing how God makes everything work out. They have 35 acres left to dig but they're not ready yet so Marten could have the time off. Terrific! He spent the day closing up the pool for the winter. Sad but true. We'll look forward to next spring.
Really looking forward to your comments about this one. We're anxious to see what everyone thinks of the brunette. I don't have my little blonde dutch girl anymore :( but I think she's so pretty.
Much love, Karen

9 comments:

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

woo hoo, i get to be the first to comment, Hey Nicolle, I think your hair looks really awesome!!!
I'll have to look out my window tomorrow morning, to catch a glimpse while you are running to catch the school bus!
Talk to you soon. Love Tante Tineke.

Matt n Amanda said...

do you REALLY want the truth...
ok here goes... I think it looks awesome.. she does look a lot more like jason. :D But it does look great. I missed that you updated your blog the other time too... sorry. Sounds like you were busy! It all sounds like a lot of fun though. Have a super day and I hope that there are more apple pies in your future.. they are delicious!

The Nieuwhofs said...

The brunette looks great. Oh, and the apple pie was just delicious. Keep up the pie making.
Randall

Mary and Isaac said...

Nicolle's hair look great brown - and she's right, it does look more like Becca's now. Manda's also right, she and Jason look more like they're brother and sister now too.
I'm glad you were able to have such a great weekend.
I hope you week goes well too!
Much love,
~ Mary

rustico3059 said...

Hi Nicolle,
Your looks rather good with that color, and it makes me think that I should have a treatment myself again. Too much silver.
Love,
Elisabeth

sugarnuggets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sugarnuggets said...

It looks so lovely straight!

It sounds like I missed a great pie. you'll have to make one next time we're down to showcase your talents....


Love ya, Tetcy

Anonymous said...

see is crazy it is andrew

Anonymous said...

andrew
i really like your blog it is nice