Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy October!

I love the beauty of this month. The orange, red, yellow and even the browns of the trees. The orange pumpkins. The hay bales in the field. Good old Island dirt. Piles and piles of potatoes. Sorry Mary -- 'your' warehouse is filled :( We've had such wonderful weather that the grass is still brilliant green, the bay is sparkly blue. Just beautiful. "In everything, give thanks. For every day, give thanks. For every little thing, give thanks. For the breath of life, give thanks."

I found this Thanksgiving poem and wanted to share it with you:

Thanksgiving is a time of gratitude to God, our Creator and Provider, whose guidance and care go before us... and whose love is with us forever. Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the changes, to remember that we, too, grow and change from one season of life to another. Thanksgiving is a time of changing seasons, when leaves turn golden in Autumn's wake and apples are crisp in the first chill breezes of fall. Let us remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving as we see the beauty of Autumn. Let us acknowledge the many blessings which are ours... let us think of our families and friends... and let us give thanks in our hearts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Give thanks to God and remember that I have given thanks to God for you.
Love from Karen

6 comments:

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Hey can't beat beautiful Prince Edward Island this time of year, that's for sure.
Looking forward to that apple pie...
see ya then.
Tineke

sugarnuggets said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend together!!

Love ya, TT

Matt n Amanda said...

I am so looking forward to apple pie today!! I am thankful for you too! Have a super week
love Amanda

rustico3059 said...

Great poem, something to take to heart and remember each day what God does for us.
Love MOM

Mary and Isaac said...

I'm sad that I missed out on this weekend. Oh well, Christmas will be here soon enough.
I miss PEI's Autumns. I haven't seen them in a few years actually, but I remember what they were like before I left. Trees don't look like the change colour around here. I see a bunch of leaves falling as we speak. They're kinda green-brown. Hmm... maybe when it gets cooler we'll see more colour.
I knew that it was inevitable that 'my' warehouse would be full of potatoes. Hahahaha. I don't really mind. :)
Anyway, Have yourself a good afternoon. Much Love,
~ Mary

The Nieuwhofs said...

Fall is my favourite time of the year. You see Gods goodness in nature and the crop that we are harvesting.
We had fun Sunday meeting like that at your place for pie and company. Have a good day tomorrow.
Randall