Saturday, September 29, 2007

Trip to Montague

What a lovely day the kids and I had today. It started early. We had to be in town for 9:30 for the only haircut appointment I could get today. I just got a trim but I like it. Yeah! I hardly ever like my hair after a cut. Phew. What a relief.
We spent the rest of the morning at Nana's making birthday cards for "Aunt Do" and wrapping her presents and visiting with Nana. "Aunt Do" is actually my mother's best friend, Doris. As children, we couldn't pronounce her name and it became Do (pronounced doe). Anyway, Nana treated us to lunch at Subway and then we were on the way to Montague to celebrate a birthday. Aunt Do is elderly (78) and lives with her brother in an old farm house. She has never married and seldom leaves Montague. She was thrilled with the visit and we all had a great time. The kids love to go there -- a dog, lots of kittens, cows and horses --Nicolle's paradise. They spent the whole time outside except for when it was time for cake and icecream and present giving.

On the way home, we stopped at a roadside vegetable stand that had amazing fall decorations and vegetables and tons of pumpkins. All of us had fun picking out the perfect pumpkins to take home (I love to decorate the deck and in front of the garage with them.) We picked out 8 pumpkins for $7.96. Pretty good, eh?
Then it was home for supper, wash up, and time for bed for the kids. They were tired. A quick catch up on all your blogs (which I so enjoy reading) and I'll finish this up so I can go and enjoy an evening with Marten.
I hope you all enjoy your Sunday. Love ya lots, Karen

3 comments:

Matt n Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a really nice family day! Im glad that you like your haircut, Thats always a little issue eh, wether or not they will do a good job and what you will do if the ruin your hair.
Well I am off to bed. love you lots
Amanda

Mary and Isaac said...

It sounds like you guys had a great day. Speaking of haircuts, I was going to get one the other day, but they told me it would be $50 +tip. Nevermind then. hahaha
I think I'll have to look around nearer our apartment for something less pricey.
I wish that I had a porch to decorate, but for now I guess I'll have to find a little nook in our apartment for seasonal displays.
I'd better get a start on dinner, but I'll keep checking in.
Love you,
~ Mary

rustico3059 said...

Those pumpkins look lovely on your porch, saw them this morning and thought to myself :"always on the ball (or on the pumpkin) that sister-in-law of mine. Very creative and looked great.
Love,
Elisabeth