Thursday, September 27, 2007

Digging Time





We're well into the long, tiring hours of digging. They were up and running on Monday and they are having a really good week. No major breakdowns (and I do mean the machinery, not the boys :P). Marten says they must have 100 acres out already. It's going fast. Thought I'd include some pictures for those who are missing the action. (Tineke; Marten on the pile of potatoes; Tineke, Reg, and Aleer) So far Mary they haven't put any potatoes in "your" warehouse but soon. Oh no -- I think it's so sad to cover up your scenes.
Of course, that means Alice, Elisabeth, and I are back to cooking. I've had two goes at it. Tonight was shepherd's pie. MMMM... one of my favorites. Hope they all like it. It's kinda nerve racking to cook for so many. Next time, I think I'll do the sausage casserole that Amanda likes. I could try balony and cheese or warm peanut butter -- what do you think Matt? Hee, hee - I'm still chuckling over that one. Sorry. Is that mean? :)
The kids are in bed and I am, once again, all alone. I know that this time of the year is necessary and for only a short time. But I do miss Marten. I think that is why I'm on the computer so much. There's no one to talk to and by reading all your blogs I feel like I'm communicating with someone. It's like talking to you. It's great to 'hear' all your thoughts and read your comments so keep them coming. I'm not so lonely when I'm 'with' you.
Goodnight. Hope you all had a terrific day. Thanks for keeping me company. Karen

5 comments:

Matt n Amanda said...

Yeah it is always wierd when Dad starts digging, You miss ahving him sround, but I am always glad that it wont be Matt. But I do wonder what kind of job he will end up having, and I really hope that he loves it. How is Jason liking grade one? Has he gotten homework yet? what did they end up doing with that class since it is so big, are they getting a TA to help with things or is it just Mrs Vessey?
Well I hope you have a great day and if they already got 100 acres done, they should be done soon enough. Lve you and have a great day!
Love MAnda

rustico3059 said...

At least one of us is showing the world what's going here. Great job.
Love Elisabeth

sugarnuggets said...

Yes, blogging does keep one in touch with the rest of the human race. So glad you are finding an outlet while Marten is busy. And it's just seasonal...Ray used to have taxtime all the time and now there is only a small peak stress time....which we are currently in... Good thing he was able to get out of town for the weekend! :):)

So nice to see all those people hard at work and smiling!

Love it!! Tetcy

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

hey Karen, nice pics, hey I think I saw myself in there somewhere, haha.
yep, keep on bloggin, love to read it,and also read everyone's comments.
Love your neighbor, Tineke.

Mary and Isaac said...

Oh man, out with Tuscany and in with the potatoes. hahha. It had to happen eventually.
Sounds like they'll be done diggin in no time. That will be good for you!
Love you,
~ Mary