Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Flying High!

Hey everybody!

On Friday, Marten and the kids finally went on the plane ride. Marten had always wanted to fly over the farm (preferably from a helicopter but you can't rent those on PEI). So for Father's Day, I rented a 4 seater plane for an hour (the pilot, Marten and the 2 kids-- see picture). Due to summer business, bad weather, etc. the flight was cancelled a few times and finally they got to go this past Friday. Jason was very nervous of the unknown. I think he thought it would be like a rollarcoaster and he's scared of those. He went on looking very terrified but came off with all grins. He had a blast. Nicolle was very excited and couldn't wait. Of course, she had a great time. Marten... HE LOVED IT!!! Here's 2 pictures of Randall's and the farm. Cool, eh?
They couldn't see too much of our house and Tineke's because of the trees. Apparently, Tineke, Aaron, Cassie and Pete were in the front yard waving but they weren't seen. Sorry, guys! It's the thought that counts. Right?
They flew over Charlottetown; headed along the south shore to end up at The Bridge (they weren't allowed to fly close to it so Marten didn't get any good pictures of it); then travelled the north shore. They flew over the farm a few times. The kids loved it when the plane dipped and circled. Wheeeeeee. I'm kinda glad I wasn't with them. Yikes! Marten took 77 pictures. I'm glad they have this memory. Marten still remembers when his parents took the family on a plane when they were young. Now, our kids will have this memory too.
So, my first attempt at pictures and everything? How'd I do? This could get addictive.
Love to all, Karen
"... and they shall mount up on wings like eagles." God will give you the strength to get through your day. So smile and have a great one.

5 comments:

Andy Rayner said...

Hi Karen
Welcome to the Modern World. :-) Just kidding. Blogging is good. But you are correct, it takes time. If you do not find the writing therapeutic or relaxing, it's really hard to get into a grove with a blog. Anyway, I was after Lynn to start one and she just has no interest what so ever in it. Anyway, if you have read my blog lately you will see we are busy.
I'm starting a "Perspectives in the world Christian Movement" course this month. Hope to be certified to teach it by early spring. Its such an awesome missions book and course. The best single volume book on missions there is. Lew Cass directed me to it. It changes your life on missions. Anyway, I always tell people if there was only one book to read on the subject in your life time. This will give you the knowledge and perspective one needs to be informed about what missions really is, as opposed to what people think it is. Hey - if I run a class in Ch'town you and Martin should come. But that would be next fall -Winter. It's 15 weeks 3 hours a week.
Anyway, say high to Martin for us.
Maybe we can plan to get togther after the spuds and carrots are all in?
God Bless
Andy

Andy Rayner said...

Oh I forgot. I put your link on my blog.
Is that OK???????

The Nieuwhofs said...

Nice job. I like the pictures. Got your link from Amanda's blog. We are at Mary's right now, and are going to the zoo today. Say hi to all.
Randall

Matt n Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I did that same thing with Dad and Mary a couple of years ago. It definately was an awesome experience!. I went to Sobeys today and they had no clue what I was talking about. So if you wouldnt mind I would SOOO love one. I am missing having a calendar and yours looks so convienient.
Its so nice that you started a blog too. I will know more about you than ever, it is such a nice way to keep in touch. I wonder if we can get everyone started. Tante Tetcy is my next target! :D hehe. I hope you have an excellent day!
Love Amanda

Mary and Isaac said...

I'm so glad that you joined the blog train too Tante Karen! I like the pics. A couple of years ago, we got Dad the same thing for Father's Day. Manda and I went with Dad, and it really was a fun experience!
Life's going well at the moment Isaac and I are going to visit Dianna, Jordan, and baby Micaiah tomorrow after Isaac's test (his very first test at med school). I've very excited!
Mom and Dad left this morning so I've been tidying our apartment today.
Well, it's supper time already. I'll have to see what I can hunt up to eat. Talk to yhou later.
Love,
~ Mary