Monday, November 26, 2007

I Can Feel My Toes Now!

The weekend went as planned. Marten had a great time fourwheeling. I got some dutch treats and I took the kids to the parade. Let me just say that I'm still thawing out. I was SO cold. It started at 5 and was over at 6:25. By then I was good and frozen. Even with snow pants and coats, hats, scarfs, gloves, and blankets. Brrrrrrr... Still, we all enjoyed it. The highlight for Nicolle were the dogs and the horses. Go figure! Jason just liked all the lights and being out at night. For me, the parade might have been boring during the day but it sure is pretty at night with all the lights. There was one point in the parade when a float went by from a church and it touched my heart. I had tears in my eyes at the thought of how many people they could witness to. It was the nativity scene and they were praising God with Christmas music. We've all seen it a hundred times before, but in that setting, it reached me and God filled me. It was so nice to sit there in the dark and be warmed with God's love for a moment.
Other churches passed out phamplets of their church's holiday concerts, etc. and candy canes with the story of how candy canes were created. Nice outreach. They could reach 100,000 people along the roads. Pray to God that some received The Message.

4 comments:

Matt n Amanda said...

Fun FUn! We skipped the parade and stayed inside our cozy warm house and watched Fantastic 4. It was a lot of fun. It should be Wednesday by now RIGHT??? haha/. hope that is going good for you. Talk to ya soon!
Love Amanda

The Nieuwhofs said...

Did you get some pictures. And..did Marten get pictures, love to see some.
It sounds like it was cold at the parade. Glad you enjoyed it.
Randall.

Andy Rayner said...

You are an urbanized city trooper! Sitting the side of a road for fun????? Oh I suppose watching floats go by would make it more interesting oooooook!
Really, glad you and the kids enjoyed it. Something I will have to some day in my life.

I start at Fuller in January. Apprehensive and excited at the same time. All new students enter on academic probation. B or better on the first course or you are out of the program after your very first class. Anyway I hope my first class is not to much over my head.
It will be one of these two. Not sure yet. either "Ethical Issues in Cross-Cultural Ministry" or "Theological Challenges of Religious Plurality"
Well over 1200 pgs of reading (5 texts per course) and 4 to 5 papers per class- all in 10 weeks. Get my drift? I'm sweating right now, and I will be till I get into the class and see how I am doing. Who knows how these guys mark.
Anyway, I applied to the best Missions program in the world, and I'll have to work for it. Now where will Martin and I squeeze in that coffee???????
Anyway, appreciate your prayers. Nice to see your news here.
andy

Dianna said...

hey! Sounds like you guys had a great time at the parade! Micaiah and me almost made it to the parade but I decide last minute not to go, we went to town instead and got some starbucks and a few presents for daddy.the traffic going into cape may for the parade was at least a mile long, so i just went the opposite way. and then on the way back i was on the opposite side of the road again. it worked out just perfect. well hope to hear from you soon again.. (im one to talk hahha) love Dianna and Micaiah XOXO see you in 18 days!